Skip to main content

Sometimes Making Big Moves Involves Small Spaces

 We sold our house and now live in a camper. Yep, read it again. 

We got rid of most of our belongings, packed up our three children (along with the two cats) and did the DANG THING. We joked about it for almost a year, selling the house and living in the camper. Then those playful conversations became more serious. Next thing I knew we were sitting the kiddos down and letting them in on what we were considering. We did a pros and cons list, prayed, and then voted as a family. It was five yays, zero nays. This was the night of June 24th. Fast forward to July 16th and the house hit the market. July 18th we accepted the offer. August 27th we were pulling out of our driveway for the very last time, camper filled with our belongings, headed to our next destination. 

Why did we do something so crazy? Well, it all started with two teens in love who had a specific dream for their future family- raising them on land. A place to ride their dirt bikes, tend to chickens and goats, grow their own garden and explore in fresh air. Starry nights, listening to the frogs by the pond, just being kids in nature- need I say more? 

As Brand and I have learned in our 13 year relationship, sometimes making dreams come true involves making big moves. Like selling your house and moving your kids into a camper...ha! But you know what else is needed for making these dreams come true? GOD. He is the one who placed this dream in our heart, who prompted us when the time was right. He was the one who sustained us when things got wild and intense. He gave us the grace we needed in order to do all that we did in such a short amount of time. I have no doubt in my mind that His hand has been in this process from the start to where we are at now. He is SO GOOD. 

So now we continue our crazy life from a smaller space, campground living and preparing for the next step (which I will save for another post). Stay tuned, y'all! I promise, these posts will be entertaining...I swear our family needs a reality tv show haha!


God Bless!!!!




                                                         HOME SWEET HOME (for now)


                                                             Family Meeting- Pros & Cons

Menards knew us very well by the end of this process. 

Val Mac is the person to go to when selling/buying. She gets it DONE.

"Imma wear my shades so you can't see my tears in this pic."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Land HO!!!

  Hey all, it has been a hot minute since my last post and a lot has happened. Like...a lot a lot... Last we talked, we had moved out of our house and were getting adjusted to the camper life, figuring out our next step. Well, 9ish weeks into the CRAZINESS and we have owned 12.1 acres for over half of those! WE BOUGHT LAND WHERE OUR FUTURE HOME WILL BE!!! I know I say it often but it's so stinking true...God....IS...GOOOD!!!!  With His grace we were able to snag acreage on the outskirts of our home community. I literally ugly-laugh-cried the first evening we walked the land. Pure JOY bubbled up and out, I couldn't contain it! We all felt it. That moment of family prayer, just us 5, in the treed area (now called "Lazy Lagoon" thanks to the kids) was precious and one of my top 10 best life moments. That says a lot, y'all.  Here is a pic of our goofy-selves, on OUR land, taken by the talented Gina Magee (hey girl hey)! So what are our plans with these glorious 12.1 a...

Facing Troubling Circumstances

 This weekend has been incredibly heavy. The 9-year anniversary of my mother's death came and went, leaving me a little more weathered than in past years. When I say weathered, I mean downright worn thin. My spirit is defeated. Broken. I miss her, I ache over what she is missing...what I am missing. What my kids are missing.  I was on edge all weekend, and a little more "fragile" than normal. Maybe it was due to the major life changes. Maybe it was traveling out of town with our "home", three kids, two cats, and the stress of all of that. Maybe it's the calm after being balls-to-the-wall for so long. Maybe it was all of the above. But I do know I haven't been the best version of myself, which added even more pain and shame on my plate, pulling me down even further.  The good news? I don't have to stay there. Friends, when you get so down you don't see an escape, you DO NOT have to stay there.  Which brings me to the main point of this unplanned b...

10 Things I Learned in the First Week of Fulltime Camper Living

 1. Campground Shower Houses are not as bad as you might think. They totally beat using the little shower in the camper. 2. Don’t forget the code to said Campground Shower House...you’ll find yourself knocking on the Camp Host’s door with your three kids standing behind you, arms full of towels & toiletries asking you several times what we’re doing. Oh and your breath will stink and you’ll be super embarrassed. 3. If you’re allergic to cats then moving them to a small space inside with you will only make you more miserable. (I love my kids I love my kids)  4. The stars are epic at night. 5. If your husband catches a giant flathead catfish from the back of the camper, he WILL bring it inside and wake you with it in your face.  6. You will grow closer to your kids, even if you didn’t think that was even possible. It’s pretty awesome. There will, however, be growing pains. 7. GIVE YOURSELF GRACE. The adjustment can be a little rough. Go in with little expectations and lo...